Personal development programs that are for women are becoming more and more prevalent and popular, as women are a unique opportunity for self-improvement and education in today’s workplace.
Women-owned businesses represent $3 trillion in purchasing power and are the world’s fastest growing market. With this type of expansion comes the need for business strategies and personal development programs that enable and enrich women to succeed in a male predominant work place.
Here are some interesting facts from the United States Census Bureau about women owned businesses: Women owned 7.8 million nonfarm U.S. businesses operating in the fifty states and the District of Columbia in 2007, an increase of 20.1 percent from 2002. These women-owned firms accounted for 28.7 percent of all nonfarm businesses in the United States. Women-owned firms employed 7.6 million persons (6.4 percent of total employment) and generated $1.2 trillion in receipts (3.9 percent of all receipts).
In 2005, there were 7 CEO’s in Fortune 500. As of May 2011, there were 12 CEO’s in Fortune 500 companies. Moreover, an estimated $546 billion is spent annually on salaries and benefits by women-owned businesses.
As women owned businesses are a growing trend in today’s post 9/11 economy, it is important that this new force of entrepreneurs embrace new technology, methodologies and in particular, personal development programs, training and courses that will elevate their abilities to succeed and thrive.
Traditionally, personal development includes the following activities:
- Improving self-awareness and self-confidence
- Bringing about a higher level self-knowledge
- Building or renewing self-esteem
- Developing strengths, talents and sill-sets
- Improving wealth
- Spiritual development
- Identifying or improving potential abilities
- Building employability or human capital
- Encouraging new levels of know-how
- Enhancing lifestyle or the quality of life
- Improving health
- Fulfilling aspirations and goals in life
- Initiating a life enterprise or a new business
- Defining and executing personal development plans
- Improving social and communication abilities
- Addressing key family issues
These types of benefits and now being more attainable with comprehensive personal development programs tailored for women, as well as crucial personal development courses and training models.